Where can you get Information, Advice and Guidance

Getting Regular Support

All informal carers are legally entitled to a carers assessment. Within Cambridgeshire and Peterborough there are three different organisations who are responsible for completing carers assessments.  

The Carers hand book can be downloaded and contains practical information for families and friends who are caring for loved ones with either a physical or mental health illness

Caringtogether offers advice and support for all carers

www.futurelearn.com offer a variety of free on line courses for mental health and physical health

Daytime Support (weekdays)

There may be many things that carers require support on in relation to the person they care for. During weekday office hours (9am-5pm) carers can seek support from:

• The healthcare professional of the person you care for

• Your local team – usually based at the place providing a service to the person you care for

• Your GP surgery – they can also register you as a carer

• Your local council  

Regular Support for Mental Health Issues

• Contact your CPFT Care Co-ordinator. If you are already receiving support from mental health services, the first point of contact should be your Care Co-ordinator. Your care plan will contain information on how to contact them. If they are not available, ask to speak to the clinician on duty.

• Your GP - if you are in crisis and need immediate help, then please contact your GP





The page was last updated on 13 March 2020 by carers.editor.

Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust
Elizabeth House, Fulbourn Hospital
Cambridge, CB21 5EF

T 01223 219400 (open 8:30am to 5pm)
F 01480 398501

IIP-logo-reversed Mindful-employer NHS-Employers-web Triangle-of-Care-member Twitter Logo Youtube Logo Facebook Logo Instagram Logo Wordpress Logo